The Wisconsin Family Business of the Year award highlights and celebrates the accomplishments and contributions of family businesses that make an impact on the Wisconsin business community. Why nominate your family business? A nomination alone is an honor to the business and the family. Award programs are an effective way to bring positive recognition for the good things you do in your community and your industry. A company’s marketing and employee morale benefit from being involved in recognition programs. In addition, the process of evaluating your company and putting your accomplishments on paper is a beneficial and rewarding exercise.
Self-nominations are encouraged. Nominations can also be submitted by anyone close to the business, such as an employee, a client, banker, accountant, attorney, or other advisors.
All nominations must be received by March 30, 2018. Information in the nomination form including photographs will be used by the sponsors for presentations and news releases about the awards. Any confidential financial information will not be used.
- Be a Wisconsin-based family-owned company
- Have intentions of passing ownership to the next generation
- 2017 Grand Award winners are not eligible
Grand Awards will be given in the
Small Under 25 employees
Medium 25 to 99 employees
Large 100 or more employees
Special awards may also be given to
companies excelling in a particular area.
A panel of independent business leaders will judge the nominations. The nomination form requests a variety of information used to evaluate the nominee. The judges will consider:
- Contribution to community and industry
- Positive links between family and business
- How family values influence the business
- Business performance
- Innovative practices
- Challenges overcome
- How the business has been nimble and flexible
- How the business addresses strategic planning
- How the business addresses risk management
- How the business is preparing the next generation
Judges will determine winners based on the content and quality of the completed nominations.